Aesthetic Love Token Bird Scrolled High Relief Charm
- Beautifully detailed engraving on front side only depicting a small bird in flight surrounded by grasses (common theme).
- Cutout, raised relief border around the edges with a central depressed area containing a scrolled border inside the cutouts. Also has dots inside the scrolls.
- Extraordinary craftsmanship/engraving on this tiny 1 1/4 inch long/tall charm that is 1/8 inch deep (this is not a coin, although it is quite similar in stye to love tokens).
- Love tokens date to between late 1800s to early 1900s. One or both sides of a coin were smoothed and an engraver would craft pictures of birds, flowers, dates, or names.
- This is a lovely example from the Aesthetic period and it is in very good antique condition.
Reasonable Offers Considered – contact us by email or phone
Search for Items
Madison, Alabama 35756