Scarce Weiss Multi-Colored Set Juliana D & E 1960s SOLD
- Unique 1960s Weiss demi parure combines large peridot green oval glass rhinestones with small complementary pink and emerald green navettes (marquis cut), with aurora borealis green chatons.
- Necklace measures 17 1/2 inches long and 1 1/8 inch wide at the central drop. It has a hook closure over a large peridot navette. Where the larger round chatons are soldered to the smaller chain, there is a solder drop making the chain slightly bend (see picture on right side of necklace).
- Pin measures 2 1/2 inches long by 1 3/4 inches high. It may be worn vertically or horizontally.
- Clip earrings measure 1 inch long by 1 1/4 inches high.
- Two pieces are signed Weiss (the pin is not signed).
- Set was manufactured by Juliana (D & E) who made jewelry for other designers. It was produced in different single colors, but none as spectacular as this beauty.
- Set is in near mint condition, rarely or barely worn and stored properly. There is no damage to any of the faceted cut stones which are clean and sparkle like new. Metal is still bright with only slight hazing on a few backs of findings.
- Picture of similar set with attribution is contained in Costume Jewelry, Identification and Price Guide by Leigh Leshner, pg. 24. Book suggested price of $185 for necklace only.
Reasonable Offers Considered – contact us by email or phone
Search for Items
Madison, Alabama 35756