Takahashi Male Painted Bunting Near Mint Condition
- Takahashi Male Painted Bunting Identifiable by its red, green and tan plumage.
- Carved and painted by the husband and wife team of Yonugema and Kiyoka Takahashi during their stay in a Japanese internment camp during World War II. Yonugema carved the birds and Kiyoka painted them.
- This male bunting is in near mint condition with only a small chip of paint missing where the feet are attached to the bird but it is only noticeable with a loupe.
- Measuring 2 1/4″ across by approximately 1 ” wide.
- All colors are brilliant and intact, with no chips or damage to the front and sides of the bird.
- Applied lacquer is as glossy as the day it was completed.
- Unsigned, but has the distinctive features of a Takahashi bird (they often only signed exceptional birds).
- Authenticating Takahashi birds by their characteristic carved and painted style, small white eye dot, twisted wire feet, and push pin closure is how you determine whether or not it is original versus a 1970s reproduction.
- Original pins that are intact and undamaged are increasingly difficult to find.
Reasonable Offers Considered – contact us by email or phone
Search for Items
Huntsville, Alabama 35824