Matisse Nefertiti Green Enamel Copper Demi Parure
- Striking copper enamel necklace from the 1950s.
- Necklace lays flat and is cool to the skin.
- Tops of elongated drops are deep green/black and gradually fade to green with a hint of yellow highlighting the edges.
- Enameled drops measure 3/8 inch wide by 1 1/4 inches and 1 inch tall and alternate in size to create this lovely dimensional effect.
- Screwback earrings are 1/2″ wide and hang 1 3/4″.
- Necklace measures 19 1/2″ long including chain. 13″ is design portion.
- Enamel is mint, back shows a very slight discoloration.
- Earrings in great working order — could be converted to wires.
- Signed MATISSE – about 1952. Matisse palettes came in shades of red, orange, green and blue.
- Jerry Fels founded Renoir of California in 1946 and Matisse Ltd. in 1952 – Inspiration for jewelry designs was from the Arts and Crafts era when copper was used extensively.
Reasonable Offers Considered – contact us by email or phone
Search for Items
Madison, Alabama 35756