Hector Aguilar Mexico Sterling Turquoise Pendant SOLD
- Turquoise cabochon bezel set pendant surrounded by uniform silver loops on the bottom half.
- Elegant in its simplicity, it represents one of his earlier pieces
- Measures 1 1/4 inches long and high.
- Design shows the classic workmanship of this well-known and respected Taxco artist.
- See: https://www.925-1000.com/mx_aguilar_marks.html – used with both 940 & 990 silver standard marks—dates this pendant to 1940-45.
- Hector Aguilar, Taxco, shop manager for William Spratling at Taller de las Delicias, opened his own workshop in 1939. Aguilar produced numerous pieces for Coro until about 1950. He opened the Taller Borda, a retail silver outlet in Taxco in 1948 and it was in opertion until it closed in 1966.
Reasonable Offers Considered – contact us by email or phone
Search for Items
Madison, Alabama 35756