Aksel Holmsen Sterling Solje Pin Pre 1970
- Solje’s are a traditional jewelry style of Norway.
- Marked 925 Sterling with a repoussé (hammered outer edge) with four round silver “discs” attached to produce movement and reflect light.
- Measures 2 1/2″ inches wide and discs are 3/8″ wide.
- Very good vintage condition with one small dent where the signature was stamped.
- Solje’s represent the sun with the reflective discs or “spoons” providing the wearer with a good reflection.
- Most often given as wedding gifts or newborn gifts to ward off “trolls”. Still useful today!
- Signed Aksel Holmsen showing the “criss-cross W’s” which were used until 1969.
- Aksel Holmsen Smithy was founded in 1932 in Sandefjord and was quickly found to be one of the best in Norwegian silver artists.
Reasonable Offers Considered – contact us by email or phone
Search for Items
Madison, Alabama 35756