Rottgames Soaring Sparrow Mah Jongg Set
- Complete 1920-30s set including jokers in original case. All tiles are original.
- Set contains: 152 hand carved and painted tiles, Bakelite die, 4 wooden racks with brass counters, including mixed coins, some Bakelite, others plastic.
- Set includes: 36 Cracs (4 each of 1-9); 36 Bams (4 each of 1-9); 36 Dots (4 each of 1-9); 12 Dragons (4 each of red, green and white); 16 Winds (4 each of North, South, East, & West); 8 Flowers (two bouquets 1-4) and 8 Jokers (original tiles with stickers added).
- What distinguishes this as a Rottgames Set is the one Bam – the Soaring Sparrow; the dragons, especially the White Dragon with the square lines; and the wind characters.
- Note that the 6 Crac differs slightly from the other tiles. I hired an “expert” carver who did a poor job — scratching the tile. The tile back is untouched so it does not affect play.
- The backside of all tiles show differing shades, common with Bakelite oxidation.
- There are some scratches on the racks, but all flippers are present. Racks measure 18 5/32″ long, playing field is 16 inches long.
- Original case, measuring 19 1/2″ long, has faux blue alligator paper over wood and heavy cardboard. One tray holds the tiles.
- I made some repairs to the case which was in very poor condition.
- Left side lock is missing as is most of the paper covering. Cosmetic work will fix the case.
Reasonable Offers Considered – contact us by email or phone
Search for Items
Madison, Alabama 35756