Rottgames Soaring Sparrow Mah Jongg Set
- Complete 1920-30s set including jokers in original case. All tiles are original.
- Set contains: 152 hand carved and painted tiles, Bakelite die, 4 wooden racks with brass counters, including mixed coins, some Bakelite, others plastic.
- Set includes: 36 Cracs (4 each of 1-9); 36 Bams (4 each of 1-9); 36 Dots (4 each of 1-9); 12 Dragons (4 each of red, green and white); 16 Winds (4 each of North, South, East, & West); 8 Flowers (two bouquets 1-4) and 8 Jokers (original tiles with stickers added).
- What distinguishes this as a Rottgames Set is the one Bam – the Soaring Sparrow; the dragons, especially the White Dragon with the square lines; and the wind characters.
- Note that the 6 Crac differs slightly from the other tiles on the front. I hired an “expert” carver and he did a poor job scratching the tile. The tile back is untouched so it does not affect play.
- The backside of all tiles show differing shades of color, not uncommon with Bakelite oxidation.
- There are some scratches on the racks, but all flippers are present. Racks measure 18 5/32″ long, playing field is 16 inches long.
- Original case, measuring 19 12/” long, has faux blue alligator paper over wood and heavy cardboard. One tray holds the tiles.
- I made some repairs to the case which was in very poor condition.
- One lock is missing on the left side. Most of the paper has been lost. However, anyone interested in restoring the case has primarily cosmetic work to do.
Reasonable Offers Considered – contact us by email or phone
Search for Items
Madison, Alabama 35756